On 21/12/202 Saturn will be in conjunction with Jupiter. This is a truly magnificent celestial event! The conjunction, as the celestial event is known, has caused some to suggest it may have been the source of a bright light in the sky 2,000 years ago, that became known as the Star of Bethlehem. The two planets – the largest in the Solar System + some of the brightest objects visible in the night sky – have not been this close to each other in a dark sky since 1226AD + won’t be this close again until 2080AD.
Astronomers use the word conjunction to describe meetings of planets + other objects on our sky’s dome. They use the term ‘great conjunction’ to describe meetings of Jupiter + Saturn, which are the two biggest worlds in our solar system. Though the two planets will appear spectacularly close together, Jupiter + Saturn are actually 456 million miles (734,000 million km) apart. Saturn is nearly twice as far away as Jupiter.
In Astrology, Jupiter & Saturn – working together – encourage us to focus on the future (Jupiter) + use the best of the past (Saturn). The fact that they unite at 0 degrees in Aquarius on the Winter Solstice leading us in to 2021 is something truly special. Jupiter is the planet of expansion, it is linked to joy (the term jovial derives from Jove, another name for Jupiter) + brings good fortune, opportunity and growth. Saturn is the planet of limitation. If Jupiter is Yes, then Saturn is No. From Saturn comes the word saturnine, meaning a gloomy disposition. Saturn is the planet of realism, boundaries and hard work.
These two planets are opposite in nature. Ultimately, this is the battle between faith (Jupiter) + fear (Saturn). Yet, Jupiter can learn from Saturn’s discipline + pragmatic mentality + Saturn can learn from Jupiter’s desire to take risks + think big. When they are working together, this is the optimistic realist, the practical visionary.
This alignment marks a truly exciting time for science, space travel, social activists, pioneers, leaders, inventors, visionaries, rebels + innovators. Planets in Aquarius urge you to embrace you inner eccentricities + not worry about being conventional or fitting into the norm. The main focus is on the collective + social issues + creating a better world for everyone.
The cosmic portals are now open for us to tune into the frequencies of Saturn + Jupiter as they enter into Aquarius. So with that in mind we’ve creating some music to aid you in a mediation + to help align your higher-selves into the celestial energy of the two planets. It’s important to overcome any fear + visualise positive manifestations for yourself, + the planet. There is no denying we are in dark + challenging times, so by taking a short amount of time out this evening + sending positive intentions into the collective consciousness we can tune in + channel some much needed light into the world.
Here’s what you do:
1. Find a comfortable quiet space + light a candle (+ have some rose quartz crystal to hand if you have any)
2. Press play on your mediation music of choice (we have included a piece of music for you in this post)
3. Centre yourself + concentrate on the music (or the candle if need be) to help still your mind.
4. Breathe in slowly on the bass for 5 seconds, hold for 3 seconds, breathe out for 5 seconds. Repeat for 10 minutes or more
5. Visualise yourself surrounded in golden celestial light.
6. Visualise the world you want for you + your loved ones.
7. Hold on to those positive thoughts + make a promise to yourself to honour your positive conscious intentions + the ask the universe to help you manifest it.
8. Let go of the Fear (Saturn) + surrender yourself to the universal energy, have faith (Jupiter).
The piece of music below has been composed exclusively for XTAL♁ by one of our Directors, John Grant. If you want a slightly longer meditation then just press repeat on the music for as long as you like.
Love + Light